Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's Been A While, But I'm Still Here.

Spring 2011, front yard

Like the title says It's been a while but I'm still here. After moving from Richmond to Ladner in October of 2010, I was fortunate to purchase this beautiful 2 story 2500sq home with my Husband. As you can see from the picture above, this house has definite curb appeal, and a front yard that holds so many possibilities. It is on a lot about 45ft wide by 95ft deep, not sprawling by any means but, being a corner lot, we gain about 10 or so feet of city right of way, that is maintained as part of the property. North facing front with a south facing backyard, It was perfect for my green thumb.

Side front yard, with the "bonus" space.

As you can see from the photo above, the "bonus space" right of way really adds to the yard. Before the previous owners replaced the fence with an Emerald Green hedge, the fence went from the street side of the gate down the remaining length of the property.

Facing north, side "bonus" space.

Facing south, side "bonus" space.

As you can see there is a lot of grass at this point, but I have other plans. When I first looked at the back yard. I knew right away, where I was going to put my Greenhouse. I have always dreamt of having a greenhouse, that was defiantly on my list of must haves for a property.

South east corner facing north.

Back yard facing west.

As you can see from the picture, the back yard isn't very deep. Although it is south facing, it does hold some challenges in that the fence, and the side of the neighbours house, shade the yard to varying degrees depending of the time of day and season.

Back yard, facing east.

You can see from the shadow on the lawn, the challenge I was talking about. I will definitely have to do some research on shade loving plants for that portion.

South east corner

Back yard west corner facing east

South corner facing north down the fence.

Well that' the tour, sorry that it took me so long to get it posted. I was thinking last night as to why I haven't gotten around to posting an entry for a while. I really do like keeping an online diary of my gardening experiences, then it came to me. Since we moved, I no longer keep my laptop next to my comfy rocker recliner on the living room. It's been in the kitchen telephone nook, duh, why didn't I realize this before. So I have now moved the laptop to it's more comfortable location next to my chair. Just that simple. I will most certainly be keeping my online gardening diary more up to date from now on.

Oh and here is a picture of things to come. It has been over a year since we moved in and I have done a lot in that time so stay tuned.

A peak at inside the greenhouse, January 1, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment