Friday, February 20, 2009

The Townhouse Garden 2005, A Blank Slate.

It was 2005 when we moved from the apartment to the townhouse. Filled with excitement, I was, at the thought of starting another garden from scratch. Only this time, I'd have some real earth to play around with. The days of forced container gardening, for me, are over.

These pictures were taken just as we were putting pen to paper and signing off on our new life, in the townhouse.

It's not that clear, but the front of the townhouse has an established emerald green cedar hedge, and some peiris japonica out front, bordered with some plastic edging, yuck. The west side of the townhouse is completely covered with bricks. I guess gardening wasn't the the favorite past time of the previous owner. I remember the first thing I said to myself when I saw that brick was I'm going to rip it up and grow something there, and that's exactly what I did.

To the front of the townhouse there was a old ornamental cherry tree, that wasn't very healthy, and some other yellow flowered plant. Oh and a yucca, can we say yuck, I've been digging that up for years.

The backyard was such a blank slate, just what I like, room for my vision to materialize.



Future site of many things to come.

Not much happening with the greenery. But the south facing backyard has some real potential!


2005 not only showed change in my address but also change in my family, we moved into the townhouse in October and by the end of November I was pregnant with my first. But that didn't put a damper on my gardening aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment